Data Architect designs, creates, and manages an organization’s data architecture. Maps the flow of data to align with business processes, and ensures data accuracy, availability, and security.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Modern Data Analytics.
- Provide professional management, systems engineering and technical assistance support to: represent the different building blocks that make up the enterprise and its interrelationships as well as the principles guiding their design and evolution over time, to enable a standard, responsive and efficient delivery of operational and strategic objectives; develop and maintain business, systems, and information processes to support enterprise management in support of mission needs; develop information technology rules and requirements that describe baseline and target architectures; establish a common architecture consisting of business process, information, data, application and technology architecture layers; create key models and practices that describe the baseline and target architectures, in line with the enterprise and I&T strategy; define requirements for taxonomy, standards, guidelines, procedures, templates and tools, and provide a linkage for these components; improve alignment, increase agility, improve quality of information and generate potential cost savings through initiatives such as re-use of building block components; represent the different building blocks that make up the enterprise and its interrelationships as well as the principles guiding their design and evolution over time, to enable a standard, responsive and efficient delivery of operational and strategic objectives. Assistance can include, but is not exclusive to Provide technical assistance to: ensure data is postured for secure discovery, access, and integration between mission partners realizing data as a strategic asset; ensure effective utilization of the critical data assets to achieve enterprise goals and objectives; achieve and sustain effective management of the enterprise data assets across the data life cycle, from creation through delivery, maintenance and archiving; translate business/mission requirements into data management and technology requirements: define data standards, strategy, principles and architectures; visualize and design the AF IC Information Environment enterprise data management framework and operational data architectures, which describe the processes and information used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data. In accordance with IC and DoD direction, guidance, and services of common concern, as well as industry frameworks, provide standard common business/mission vocabulary, ontology; express strategic requirements; outline high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements and align with enterprise data strategy and related mission and operational data architectures. Assistance can include, but is not exclusive to:
- Data Maturity Modeling. Analyze AF IC Information Environment and individual programs’ data management maturity; provide recommendations for how to improve capabilities across the AF IC Information Environment and within ISR programs; provide both program and enterprise-level data maturity ratings using an industry framework.
- Master Data Management (MDM) Readiness and Strategic Planning. Analyze the AF IC Information Environment MDM capabilities/initiative/services to understand current master data practices in terms of management, usage, strengths and weaknesses; provide recommendations for target MDM capabilities and MDM strategic plan that includes the approach, life cycle, prioritization model, near-, mid- and long-term goals and a multi-year roadmap to implement MDM over time.
- Data Strategic Implementation Planning. Analyze the AF IC Information Environment’s data capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses to produce a collaborative definition of the target state; provide data strategy and implementation plan to achieve desired data analytics maturity level, align investments and monitor progress. Partner with other IC elements to develop/progress joint data proposals. Aid responses to Consolidated Intelligence Guidance.
- Advanced Analytics Maturity Modeling. Analyze the advanced analytics capabilities across the AF IC Information Environment using an industry framework; provide findings at both the program and enterprise levels.
|Job Category||Architect, Database|
|Experience||10+ Years’ Experience required|