About the Role
Karthik Consulting, LLC, is looking for a Linux Cloud Engineer to join our rapidly growing team headquartered in Tysons, VA! This position supports a project located in Bethesda, MD with remote flexibility. Qualified candidates should have at least five years of hands-on experience working with Linux and federal or commercial consulting experience. This role requires candidates to have at least a master’s degree, 10 years of related work experience and the ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Provide support to developers and production services operating in NCBI’s Amazon AWS and Google GCP environments
- Participate in discussions of ongoing technical and management efforts, including new architecture
- Participate in evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Ongoing operation and maintenance of existing services
- Assist with development of tools to help monitor and manage the cloud environments and enforce established policies.
- Bachelor Degree in a STEM field (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) and ten years of industry experience in Software Development/Linux Systems Administration
- At least ten years of professional experience with five years of experience demonstrated experience working with Linux systems administration, particularly CentOS 7 or RedHat 7.
- Experience managing Cloud resources within Amazon AWS or Google’s Cloud Platform, particularly:
- User management
- Roles and permissions
- Compute instances
- VPCs and subnets
- firewall rules/security groups
- Experience writing scripts to automate management tasks
- Some programming experience, applicable to developing cloud management tools (one or more of Bourne/Bash shell, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with networking concepts (subnetting, basic routing, UDP, TCP, ICMP)
- Ability to manage firewall rules
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with managing continuous integration tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or GitLab.
- Experience with MS Windows systems administration
- Experience with Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services
- Experience managing resources with puppet
- Experience writing code to automate management of cloud resources via their native CLI or API
- Experience with cloud automation tools (packer, terraform, cloud-init)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as nagios, splunk, telegraf, influxdb.
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, bitbucket)
- Experience with git
- Experience with container technologies (docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience programming in Bourne/Bash shell, Ruby, Python, Perl
|Active Public Trust Security Clearance Required
|This role requires candidates to have at least a master’s degree, 10 years of related work experience
|Qualified candidates should have at least five years of hands-on experience working with Linux and federal or commercial consulting experience