- Conduct overarching program management functions assisting Technical Directors and Program/Project Officers in the management of providers, their projects, and technical/financial interface with other Navy communities.
- Compile project execution analysis reports for the Business Financial Manager and Technical Directors detailing budgetary, programmatic, and task status.
- Provide strategic and programmatic recommendations for budgetary changes throughout Execution Year.
- Assist in the in the coordination, planning and prioritization of future projects
- Manage the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process to include: drafting documentation, coordinating submission and required briefs, developing and maintaining Research and Development Descriptive Summaries (RDDS/R2-3-4), and responding to Navy Financial Management and Budget (FMB) reports/data calls.
- Coordinate Purchase Request (PR) documentation to include draft procurement requests, Statements of Work, labor requirements and other supporting information. Manage PR progress and status.
- Conduct inquiries on behalf of the Business Financial Manager (BFM) or Technical Directors (TD) to determine the status of contract negotiations or funding execution.
- Monitor execution of provider contracts for compliance. This includes assessing work progress, schedule and financial compliance, deliverable submission, quality assurance; personnel experience compliance and when required, conduct Earned Value Analysis.
- Collect and review Monthly Technical and Financial Reports from providers and analyze their progress and financial performance. Brief consolidated project progress monthly to Executive Team.
- Coordinate and track progress on all provider contracts. Disseminate technical white papers and proposals to appropriate TDs, coordinate proposal documentation requiring TD input, conduct feasibility analysis of financial proposals, and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Maintain contract data file to include base information and modifications.
- Coordinate and manage participation in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program. Serve as the point of contact.
- Manage programmatic quality control processes. Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Develop and prepare recurring and ad hoc financial documentation that supports effective execution of the department and reports its financial and contract status in internal reviews. This documentation includes:
- Research and Development Descriptive Summaries (RDDS/R2-R3-RDOCs), Obligation and Expenditure Phasing Plans and Obligation and Expenditure Reports using STARS and PBIS databases.
- Project-level and program-level financial plans.
- OSD/FMB budget defense exhibits (PRR, POM, PB).
- Documentation necessary to procure, fund, monitor and terminate contracts as specified by the BFM and the Technical Directors
- Process contracting actions and provide the BFM adequate data in monitoring on-going contracts. Typical actions include:
- Draft PR packages for proposals in response to TDs, BFM and staff funding decisions.
- Draft memorandums for funding actions on existing contracts.
- Monthly analysis of contracted costs vs actual cost incurred.
Required skills: 5-7 Years of project management and Navy financial analysis experience.
Required – Current Top Secret Clearance
3 days a week onsite at the Washington Navy Yard
5+ years of experience with Navy financial systems (Navy ERP, STARS, PBIS); budget, contract management processes and exhibits, (RDDS, RD-R3-RDOCs, PRR, POM, PB)
Skills: Writing, Reporting, Microsoft Office, Organization, Time Management, Presentation, Verbal Communication, Strong leadership, Flexible, resilient and problem solver, Ability to gain consensus among others, Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations, Risk Management mindset, Good knowledge of project management principles, Financial reporting
|Job Category||Analyst, Finance, Management|
|Experience||5+ years of experience with Navy financial systems (Navy ERP, STARS, PBIS); budget, contract management processes and exhibits, (RDDS, RD-R3-RDOCs, PRR, POM, PB)|
|Knowledge & Skills||Writing, Reporting, Microsoft Office, Organization, Time Management, Presentation, Verbal Communication, Strong leadership, Flexible, resilient and problem solver, Ability to gain consensus among others, Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations, Risk Management mindset, Good knowledge of project management principles, Financial reporting|